The wood of the Ghignarelli
A permanent Educational Centre, inspired by the Forest Kindergarten schooling, dedicated to children from 2 and a half to 6 years old.
Veronica, kindergarten teacher, First Education Science graduate, qualified for special needs, and Beatrice, evolutionist biologist with a specialisation in wild fauna, enviromental educator and naturalist guide.
Our two worlds united led to the creation of “bosco dei Ghignarelli”, a permanent Educational Centre dedicated to children from 2 and a half to 6 years old.
Its basic principles are:
- Making a special classroom from the outside area, where the children can make activities. The surrounding offers the chance to stimulate their adventure instinct, learning by direct experience;
- Promoting the respect of every single child’s timing, through free play occasions and creative activities;
- Working by an involvement methodology, where children are at the centre of the educational relation, and activities are measured on the needs of each one of them. The direct experience and the near relation with the land are the instruments at the basis of our work;
- Creating field for free and spontaneous play, in addition to the one organised and proposed by the educators;
- Reminding our farming roots to the new generations.
- Entrance from 8.00 am to 9.00 am and exit from 1.15 pm to 1.45 pm
- Entrance from 8.00 am to 9.00 am and exit from 4.00 pm to 4.30 pm
- Entrance from 1.45 pm to 2.00 pm and exit from 4.00 pm to 4.30 pm
We also guarantee an aftercare until 6.00 pm.
- Entrance and circle-time, sharing ideas and emotions, snack;
- Activities into nature;
- Lunch from 12.15 pm to 12.30 pm;
- Free play, relax, and reading afternoon;
- Free day and relax.
- We are open 11 months a year, from September to July;
- Approach to the English language, with games and songs;
- “Free swimming” morning at the swimming pool;
- Free shuttle service for the near towns;
- The children will have packed lunch, as an alternative it’s possible to benefit from a near BIO canteen;
- Outdoor activities will be held in the winter, too, paying attention to the needs of the individual. The children will need suitable clothes (waterproof and warm).
“I bambini sono fiori da non mettere nel vaso:
crescono meglio stando fuori
con la luce in pieno naso.
Con il sole sulla fronte
e i capelli ventilati:
i bambini sono fiori
da far crescere nei prati”
(Translation: “Children are flowers that mustn’t be put in a vase: they grow better outside, with the light on their face, with the sun on their forehead and wind in their hair. Children are flowers to grow in a lawn.)
“Centro Equestre del Guidino”
via G. Carducci 31
Besana in Brianza (MB)